Agnostic.com

6 1

Friends make me sad...

Why do you have so many SMART friends that believe such ridiculous childish things when it comes to god???

NickWright 4 Aug 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not my job to talk them into/out of anything. I just don't worry about any of those things. It works for me

Friends evolove, if not themselves, those you choose as friends. Those you were forced by proximity to associate with in youth often become embarrassments in later life. Sure, you shared some eventful experiences, but were they really ‘friends?’

As I’ve progressed, so have ‘my friends,’ or at least those I chose to share my life with. It happens.. so be as patient as possible, they get better 😉

Varn Level 8 Aug 28, 2018

Some people need to believe, it makes them feel better or safe. I let it go and don t converse about it.

i was thinking... if everybody (everybody) believed in god and there was something else that most people believed in - let's say the chupacabra... being hypothetical... would people who believe in god think those that believed in the chupacabra are idiots ('believe in' meaning 'believe that there really is such a thing)? purely hypothetical thinking.
i don't know where i was going with that but people will believe some stupid shit. i was at texas roadhouse several years back and there was a guy that thought the jackelope was a real animal.

They're not so smart after all, it seems.

I defriended and blocked all religious friends who claimed to be Trump supporters

If they are really smart, they would understand that there is no god, and their thinking is delusional and they share that delusion with others, reinforcing that delusion every time they pray. They manage their illogical belief with cognitive dissonance (hate that term, but it fits), so the more you challenge them, the more adamant they become.
I haven’t had to deal with friends like this; just colleagues. I don’t say a word. No point.

Livia Level 6 Aug 28, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:165472
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.