Agnostic.com

9 4

LINK Your Phone Is Listening and it's Not Paranoia - VICE

I have no doubt!

ballou 8 Aug 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not to diminish myself, but anyone whose business model depends on listening in on my musings and mumbling is a business doomed to fail.

I don't have a , "smartphone ." It'd be bored silly , if I did . Don't discuss much with the cats . Don't carry it with me all the time . In fact , for the most part , it would be listening to old TV programs paying on it's cousin , the computer .

Pretty creepy.

To anyone listening to my phone conversations: serves you right. Lol

I know it's true. Recently, it has been displaying ads about things I've talked about. It never did that before. Funny thing is that my computer is doing the same thing. I sometimes play solitaire on my computer, have for years. Recently it started doing pop up ads between games. It is so annoying.

A friends said she was talking to someone in a cafe' and said something like, "I'm not going to kill myself over it" totally rhetorically, and an hour later cops showed up at her house to prevent a suicide. She wasn't even home.

Ridiculous! SMH

I still mainly use a landline - which I know is not foolproof. But bottom line is, I don't care.
Our personal privacy long ago became only an illusion.

Same here. Privacy is an illusion, and it does not matter. I am not the center of the universe.

This stuff always amuses me. I don't really care if my phone is listening to me so it can target ads, I mean the ads are going to be there anyhow, now they're just more focused on what it heard I needed. As far as the CIA or NSA having access to what I said around my phone, go ahead. I'm not plotting an assassination or bank robbery so I'm not really all that concerned if the NSA knows I'm waffling between skydiving this weekend or going for a hike. If I do start doing anything like that, I'll leave my phone at home. Also, I should be caught anyhow.

I took my phone out of my pocket while talking to a friend recently to find something surprising.

I must have touched the Google microphone icon when I'd pocketed my phone. The entirety of the conversation with a few small errors was typed out on the screen.

JimG Level 8 Aug 28, 2018

These little pocket computers are crazy gadgets!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:165810
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.