Agnostic.com

28 6

Employment

I would love to hear what everybody has to say about employment. You can share whatever comes to mind. I see a lot of posts on here about how people are actually SUFFERING from their employment. They talk about how they are suffering mentally and even physically. They say that they would quit if they didn’t need the health insurance. They talk about how they are trying to retire early to get away from their jobs. Could you please share your experience with your job?
I remember when I was working at a Fortune 500 company for about 3 years and I was realizing how it was having a negative impact on my mental health. There were other people who had worked for 8 or more years. So I started asking a few people how it was that they were able to work in their positions for that period of time. The answers that I got back were that they ended up having to go on anti-depressant, anti-anxiety medication. Then there was the vast amount of noticeable self medication of alcohol and other substances.
I always said that was why they never drug tested their employees....lol...they would lose half of their staff.

Cbabcoco 6 Aug 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I enjoy certain parts of my job and others not as much. People who are able to do something they love are few and far between. I love reading, exercising and practicing guitar. I wish I could find a job doing stuff like that.

I enjoy my career. I recently got a promotion and I get to travel all around a beautiful state in a company car and meet lovely people while doing my job. I have a kind, patient, and intelligent boss and I work with a great team. Are we perfect? No, but we all strive daily to do our jobs, get along, and support one another. Even if we sometimes have pissy feelings about things. I respect everyone with whom I work with because of all those attitudes. I feel fortunate. Especially since I'm older and lack the patience for too much work messiness. I'll retire in about ten years and maybe volunteer or work part-time. We'll see.

I love what I do and do what I love.

THAT is what I love to hear. I believe I have used it but there is a quote from Khalil Gibran “Work is love made visible.”

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:165828
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.