Agnostic.com

4 3

Nontheist/Atheist/Agnostic conventions

Have you attended any of these state or national conventions. If so, can you talk about what you experienced, what you liked and didn't like about it. I know Minnesota puts on a state wide Atheist convention up in the twin cites area or they have in the past. A couple friends that went said it was a great turnout and the keynote speakers were good too.

mistymoon77 9 Jan 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not yet... going to look into it though.

I've never been to an atheist convention and didn't even know they existed. It's a bit like having a convention for people who don't play golf or a convention for people who don't collect stamps.

Nevertheless, I'd consider going to one if it were within a few hours drive from me.

Maybe Agnostic.com should have a spot where conventions and other social activities and events could be posted.

The secular movement is just becoming a "thing". We're still in the process of learning what we are. A lot of us enjoy meeting other like minded people who don't open their meetings with prayers, and talk logic and reason instead of gods and demons. I've really enjoyed the ones I've been to.

I have attended 5 FFRF conventions. They are a lot of fun and worth every penny. One in Portland Or. several years ago had 900 in attendance. [ffrf.org]

The group the Humanist also have annual conventions. I have yet to attend because they tend to be a bit pricey. [americanhumanist.org]

Look on their websites for more information. FFRF has a youtube section and you can get videos of some of the speakers.

I went to NaNoCon in Nashville last year. We also went to ReasonCon in Hickory, NC. Our local atheist group had a weekend "advance" (as opposed to a retreat) with Matt Dillahunty, and a few other well known speakers in Townsend, TN. It was fun, because I knew a lot of the folks there.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16595
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.