Agnostic.com

6 0

How many people leave .

How many leave your inner circle once they know about your atheism?

RaulPerez 7 Aug 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They know aobut my atheism long before reaching my "inner circle".

I have been "outed" to:

1. My two surviving brothers, one of whom doesn't care, and the other of whom, despite still being a fundamentalist, said "that's too bad" and never brought it up again (although I'm sure he privately judges me, he hasn't ill-treated me in any way).

2. A group of four other men I play cards with weekly. One of them is also an atheist, which is how the topic came up ("I'll bet you're an atheist like the professor here" ) but it has not been a problem at all. One of them made clear, just don't disrespect my wife's religion (note, he did not say MY religion) and I have no problem not saying insulting or condescending things about topics I have no interest in. So ... not a problem at all.

None..I'm the one who kicks them out; if I find out they're Trump supporters or see religious memes on my Facebook page, I defriend/block them.

I don't keep track and I don't care either

None. I don’t socialize with Bible folk.

Livia Level 6 Aug 29, 2018

Me, neither. If they even mention Christianity, I'm taking three steps back and getting out of there, never to contact them again.

I don't really have an inner circle except for my dog and he's kind of stuck with me

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:166090
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.