Agnostic.com

2 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My guttering candle of hope for the future is definitely pinned on young people aging into the political arena, and it's heartening that even evangelical young people are skewing far less knee-jerk conservative than their parents. The open question is how quickly young people will be subsumed into the collective and how quickly they will become more conservative as they age. That's concerning to me in that the population generally is aging, it's not like the sheer numbers of young people coming of age will keep up with the sheer numbers of old coots pining for the Bad Old Days. So the impact the young ultimately have will depend on how enduring their devotion to liberal thinking actually is.

The New Yorker is subscription only. I couldn't read the link.

Are you sure? I don't have a subscription and am able to see the article. Too bad cause it's a good read...

@Alvingo1 I was blocked from reading it, but found a brief summary of the gist of the article by googling the title in other sources.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:167833
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.