Agnostic.com

8 0

Are humans inherently good?

I'd like to think so, but then Kurt Vonnegut wrote Man with no country!

Jmorrow 3 Aug 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When what is good for the individual person also happens to be good for those surrounding her, she does "good;" when what she does selfishly is NOT "good" for her community, she does "bad."

When what is good for the individual person also happens to be good for those surrounding her, she does "good;" when what she does selfishly is NOT "good" for her community, she does "bad."

I think humans have the capacity for both good and bad. We also have the ability to choose which one to feed.

Don't know, but Vonnegut was inherently awesome!

No, I don’t think so. They are inherently self-serving. If anything, I’d say they are inherently “evil”. “Goodness” comes from socialization and situational interpretation.

I live my life as if they are. It is easier for me. I deal with the disappoinments, but mostly things go well.

I think people are inherently selfish. Luckily, what is best for an individual is often good for the group.

I don't think so. Neither good nor bad inherently.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:167848
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.