Agnostic.com

3 0

Programming MI and AI

What would you like to build if you were are really good programmer?

Mansour 4 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Every guy needs this.... MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

hhhhhhhhhhh I like it

@Mansour headache drug manufacturers won't! Lol

I built a computer vision system that can translate paper maps into audible directions for the visually impaired. The finished version is now in production, this is an early prototype from a few years ago:

the current version tracks hands automatically without the need for coloured markers, adjusts and maintains its own camera settings, and can work via a leap motion instead of a camera.

I hope you have great success with this! In my upcoming novel Scapegoats (Golden Fleece Press March 2018 ) one of the goats persuades a hacker/programmer to write software like this plus motion detection, object identification, and facial recognition and to put it in a "robot" seeing eye dog. The original idea came for a girl in California who won a science fair for a "smart cane" for blind people. Best of luck, Rufus!

#Rufus-Maximus wish you success

@andygee it has already given me the success it needed to- it works! I am a scientist not a business man, the project and it's results are free to all.

A program that can take a PDF report and accurately back-convert it into detail lines in a spreadsheet. Is that too much to ask for?

There is such an application. It's called Monarch.

@Unicorn1824 I've got Monarch and Able2Extract. Neither deserves the title "software." The closest I've come is something free on the web, but it only does one page at a time. But thanks for thinking about my issue... 😉

I've taken Monarch's API and integrated it into MS Access to automate the extraction and storage process. The versions I used didn't work well on PDF's but it's supposed to have improved. Maybe I csn help you out.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16922
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.