Agnostic.com

7 2

No belief in a god but belief in the supernatural?

Maybe it's the skeptic in me but why do "atheists" who need evidence for a god still believe in things like karma, ghosts, astrology, spirits(spirituality) and other things there's absolutely no scientific explanation/evidence for?

blackjapanx 4 Sep 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Which atheists do you mean? i don't know any atheists who believe in such things. but if some do, i don't know why we should expect consistency from any human beings, whether or not they are atheists.

g

I agree, there's no evidence for either.

gearl Level 8 Sep 2, 2018

Religion substitute, filling the void allegedly left when religious belief is removed. They aren't quite there yet. ?

I can only speak for myself, I believe in a soul. I was pregnant and the baby died. I had a “dream” that I spoke to the baby and he told me that the baby was not going to live, and he (the soul) had to go. That dream seemed very real. It may have been my subconscious, dealing with the impending loss, I don’t know for sure. So, I “believe” in a soul, with an understanding that it might not be true. I don’t think it hurts anything, so I don’t stress about it. It’s just what I believe.

Whatever works for you. If it gives you comfort, I'm happy for you, I'm glad. I don't share your belief but just between you and me, I still talk to my long dead husband. I'm an atheist. I know he doesn't hear. But it gives me comfort and helps me problem solve. It hurts no one. If it makes me a tad eccentric....so be it.

I'm with you on this. They are just as asinine as the religious and give atheist a bad name. You're either rational or you're not.

I do not believe in any of those things.

They’re kooks...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:169365
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.