Agnostic.com

3 0

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am ambivalent about this. On the one hand, taking a group of people and imprisoning them for religious reasons just seems wrong. On the other hand, for the first time for many of those people they will be introduced to ideas that are alternatives to religion, and Muslim extremists may not be so focused on the U.S. as "the great Satan", and this actually makes me feel a little safer from terrorist attacks.

I wonder if the Chinese are doign it just as a way to appease Trump , so he doesnt' add in more tariffs....

I'm ambivalent on this. One the one hand - as an isolated case of people being discriminated and forced into a camp, this is absolutely awful. On the other, I do think that we have to forcefully civilize and educate people against religion, fairy tales, mythology and conspiracy theories...

I hope that's from some magazine like The Onion.

I do not think so. I saw it on several other sites. I remember an undercover story about the family reeducation centers where thousands of family members of a political prisoner were kept making office supplies in a state run factory. There is a reason many things made in China are cheap. China has been doing this for years.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:169679
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.