Agnostic.com

2 0

Some unverified trivia about this guy. I heard this one from a college professor Ben Franklin did a psychological test for an entire year. He was nice for a year to check peoples reactions. He discovered being nice people just dissed him. So he went back to being ornery. This one have heard it talked about in certain circles never verified. He argued to congress that a one god society was grounds for prejudice. Read this in a book he wanted the turkey to be our national bird. He had created 8 other letters to add to our alphabet they were never approved.

azzow2 9 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Is there any evidence as to what he considered being "nice"? If you bend over backwards to the point that you lose yourself, I'd say, "Don't be nice." Instead, if you are considerate and understanding of others and at the same time assert yourself, then I believe being "nice" works better than being argumentative, which I have been accused of.

He was a satirist and an Atheist. He is known for the publishing the saying "God helps them who help themselves" in his almanac. I wonder if he secretly wasn't making a joke. "Hey guys God isnt going to do anything for you I you want to get anything done do it and attribute to God if you wish".....

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17030
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.