Agnostic.com

9 1

Did nothing create everything?

Facebook strikes again. Interesting thoughts but seems to be a bit twisted to me. I believe in the science behind evolution. Here is a viewpoint that would argue nothing creates everything.

[facebook.com]

Thoughts?

JustLuAnn 7 Jan 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Difficulty IS how do you prove that a space contains nothing. Some scientist tried to convince us that there was this mysterious gaseousy thing called 'the ether' left there when you took away all the air. However we know that we cannot detect some things until a detector is invented cf radiation and Magnetic waves also gravitational waves. Remember matter and energy are interchangeable - although I do not fully understand that phrase. So things can change form from invisible to visible and vice versa.

@Mcflewster There isn't a square inch of space, I'm sure, that is not flooded with neutrinos, gravitons (speculative) and other forms of energy and matter, some that we do not yet have the capabilty of measuring. When I was six I asked my Granddad about the stars and space - he called it the 'luminarious ether'...

What is your definition of nothing and what is your definition of everything?

I suppose I would equate nothing to blankness, empty. A nothing. And everything all we can see, hear, touch and know.

The videos logic is that there is God.....cause colors and grass and sky and form or some type of cohesion. I can say there is tooth fairy.....cause teeth, or there is Bigfoot.....cause hair and bipedalism. They take a giant leap of faith. No surprise. The narrator either just nitpicked bad arguments from people or planted them in the film.

I think the real problem here is what we call nothing may not really be nothing just like in quantum mechanics when particles pop in and pop out of existence. Maybe some of the stuff comes from another dimension? Plus scientists talk about a singularity that's a ball so heavy it would contain a lot of stuff and then elements change and expand? Anyway I'm not a theoretical physicist, but I like reading about all that stuff.

smells of red herring.

Short answer - there was never a time when there was nothing, and there's no reason to think everything was created.
As for Ray Comfort videos, he's been caught out with his dishonest interview video editing before, so I wouldn't trust anything he makes.

Energy created everything so much of it it exploded and when it cooled down matter was created . That’s the simplified version

Another universe/dimension (for lack of better terms that our brains can comprehend) appears to be nothing from the point of view of this one.

Ugh.... Banana man Ray Comfort..and shared by Feuerstein... sigh... double whammy. brain hurts now.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17076
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.