Agnostic.com

9 2

Favorite Star Trek TV Series

Just finished watching Star Trek Enterprise. It was on Amazon Prime, only ever saw a couple of episode while it was on regular TV. I enjoyed it and over the last few years have watched the four series below. What was you favorite series.

• 4 votes
  • 12 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 0 votes
Mark013 7 Sep 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

DS9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I am one of only a few who enjoyed Star Trek Discovery. It was dark as night. Okay, they blew the budget big time with the season opener and the rest of the series suffered for it but that opener was something special, at least I thought so. I eagerly await season 2.

It’s really a toss up between Voyager and TNG for me.

LB67 Level 7 Sep 6, 2018

No particular favorite, although if pressed it'd probably be a tie between the original series, which I grew up on (but prefer the modern partial rework of the special effects), and Enterprise.

I notice you left off DS9, which I have no opinion on, as I literally never watched it. I always had a bit of a problem with TNG and Voyager only because of over-reliance on time travel plotlines, a somewhat rushed narrative style, and a bit of a shift from emphasis on character development, to technology. Still, they had some very clever episodes.

I left it off since I have not watched but it is next on my watch list. Since it is a space station and as far as I know leaves out exploration like the ones on this poll, I guess I class it in a different category.

They were all unique and liked something about each one of them. I’m currently enjoying the latest incarnation and excited about Patrick Stewart coming back to Star Trek in a new series.

My second favorite was deep space nine

This is next on my watch list.

wheres discovery?

Sorry, had to look it up. I do not watch network TV so I did not include.

@Mark013 ah fair enough havent seen it either but people do seem to be raving thats its a good show

I liked the original back int eh 1960's. However it did become dated.

Of the newer series, TNG to me was the best, with Voyager coming a a close second.

Enterprise was the worst... so far. They really lowered the overall production values and the quality of acting really took a dive too. The writign was lacking as well.

I don't like a shaw just because they slap a popular label onto it. If hey put a popular label on crap, I'll still call it crap.

I liked Enterprise for the history of the start of the Federation.

@Mark013 Perhaps it was hard for me to handle the idea that oru technology developed in some areas faster than a depicted in the original series, and thee was a great deal of difficulty in making technology development believable in Enterprise, which was a huge burden to overcome, as suspense of disbelief is needed by both the actors and the viewers in order for things to really work well. For me, I did not think the actors were able to suspend their disbelief for their roles, which made it near impossible for a large part of the audience to do so.

Was rised on the original series and will always love it. TNG comes a close second. I got almost as invested in those characters as I did the original.

Zster Level 8 Sep 5, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:171975
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.