Agnostic.com

8 9

QUESTION I just joined American Atheists

Will you join me?

MrLink 8 Jan 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yay !! Ok

Right on! - “Me too 😀” Definitely ‘like them’ on facebook, they’ve the best Atheist feed I’m aware of - and - the discussion/ comments are ..as good as here! I’d been a member through the late 80’s 90’s… I’ve never made it to a convention, but should. Can’t get them to sell an ‘Atheist Money Stamp,’ though … glad I bought a shitload of them back in the day! -- And if we’ve any aging A’s ..lacking a deserving heir considering a worthy recipient 🙂

Varn Level 8 Jan 21, 2018

I am a life time member.

Right on!

I just joined too. Thanks for the tip.

However, the real problem is we won't have to make a stand if the Christian Right kept to the deal in the constitution and kept their hypocritical noses out of politics. If they didn't try to shove their Christian morality in our faces this wouldn't be necessary. I love when they criticize Muslims for cutting people’s heads off. They don’t know, or they don’t want to know about people like Charlemagne. He had 4,000 people beheaded in one day in the name of the church. How about the atrocity that Europeans “explores” un-leased upon the indigenous peoples of the Americas or the slaves that were brought here unwillingly? They justified their brutally by saying it was god’s will.

good for you

Congrats and welcome!

If you are a conservative atheist like me you will be disappointed as they tend to favor liberals like Obama. I was a member for a year but when they attacked Mitt Romney during the 2012 election I decide I would cease to be a member.

That's because American Atheists fundamentally care about human rights, which American conservatives are often against (e.g. Romney's homophobia). David Silverman, the organization's current leader, wrote a fantastic essay recently that described how American Atheists does not want your support if you are racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, or transphobic, no matter if you are an atheist.

@Hufflepuff right on!

Woot!! good for you!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17236
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.