Agnostic.com

8 1

New movies

What new movies has everybody seen recently and where they good?

KyleHurry 2 Sep 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Soon we will see Brie Larson as a female Captain Marvel. It has a good preview. Isn't this sort of like a girl being a Boy Scout?

Like in theaters right now? Best movies I’ve seen in the past month would be Searching, The Meg, The Spy Who Dumped Me, and Crazy Rich Asians (could have been better based on the book but nicely done). Slender Man was a bit boring, Ant Man and the Wasp was typical comic movie entertainment, and damn I see s lot of movies.... ?

I have seen none of those lol. I usually wait till dvd. The newest ones ive seen are Tag, Infinity War, Deadpool 2, Insidious 4, Blockers and on and on and on lol. They were all pretty good. Not a whole lot of complaints. There are sooooooooo many more its not funny.

I haven't been in a movie theater in years.

I purposefully watched some horrible movies to review this year.

Those included: Truth or Dare, Peter Rabbit, Dear Dictator, Sherlock Gnomes, Batman Ninja and Winchester.

Why is it no surpise that I am less than enthusiastic this year? All were horrible, but the worst whoring for a paycheck ever was Michael Caine in Dear Dictator. That movie went straight to video and does not even show up on Box Office Mojo.

I just saw Crazy Rich Asians this past weekend. It was delightful.

GwenC Level 7 Sep 6, 2018

I've got that on my list to review. Must watch.

Deadpool 2 - better than the 1st one

Summer of 84 - average reviews, but I liked it

Ideal Home - pretty good

Ready Player One - I really liked it, but I'm biased towards 80s games etc

Avengers: Infinity War - it had some why did they do that moments, but it was overall good

A Quiet Place - surprisingly good considering I think most modern thriller/horror movies suck

Hereditary - same as above for Quiet Place. It's more a drama for the first half, and then it goes into being a sort of surreal horror movie

Love, Simon - pretty good

Game Night - pretty funny

This year has been a wasteland compared to 2017. I haven't been to the theater in ages.

Are there any good movies in the pipeline due to release 2018/19 that you are excited about?

@Hitchens First Man with Ryan Gosling and Widows by Steve McQueen. I haven't seen Blackkklansman yet. I loved A Quiet Place and The Death of Stalin, but Stalin was technically last year. First Reformed was very good. Other than that? Not much to get excited about.

@GuyKeith

I've already seen The Death of Stalin...will probably watch that one again..I have downloaded a quiet place..but not watched it yet.
I will check out the others..much appreciated.

@Hitchens There is a 10 minute stretch in A Quiet Place that will wreck you. I saw it on my home theater and it had me jogging in place. I wrote a review that is mostly spoiler free [ruthlessreviews.com] Great horror/thriller that begs for a sequel.

@Hitchens Oh, The Death of Stalin. I have watched it about 6 times. Every time someone comes over than has not seen it, I make them watch it. It is one of my favorite movies of all time. My review, of course [ruthlessreviews.com]

The approach they took with The Death of Stalin was great lol

@GuyKeith

I loved it too...its definately a keeper!

@Piece2YourPuzzle It took some real skill to make a comedy out of anything Stalin. Even a very black comedy. The movie is a masterpiece.

@GuyKeith

I read your review...really looking forward to it.

My wife is such a goon..she won't watch it because it's a horror..same thing with Revenant..too gory for her...each to their own I suppose..I will be watching It tomorrow...alone.
Cheers..

@Hitchens Yeah, Revevant was tough. I just loved that movie and gushed all over it in what I think was one of my best reviews. Reading about the making of the movie was fascinating. Most of the actors were on the verge of quitting because the real-world settings were so cold and brutal. Boy, the movie reflected this. My review, of course! [ruthlessreviews.com] It was just a gorgeous movie.

@GuyKeith

It was a diamond in a sea of crap...I love it when just as you at are about to give yourself up to eternal resignation that no more worthwhile movies are being made...then this beauty comes out of nowhere...fabulous..faith restored..sorrows end.

@Hitchens Which movie are you referring to?

@GuyKeith

You write very well..with fluid clarity....did you study English Liturature in college, or did you read a lot from an early age? I suppose being articulate is a prerequisite for critique.

@GuyKeith

Revenant...

upgrade fckin good equalizer 2 huge disappointment

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:172683
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.