Agnostic.com

4 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hmmmm..I do remember reading an article about this..the uptick was they have no clue as to why nor it's consequences..

If humans survive long enough (4.6m years) for Y to vanish then we will probably have been superseded by our own evolutionary offspring. I suspect the slow decline of the Y chromo might even part of that transition.

not just men, but males of many species, here we have turtles hatching with 99% being female.

It's not because of y chromosome, I heard it's another after effect of climate change

@Srijith Yes, that is what I heard as well, that the increased temperature means that they become female, and yes, not dictated by Y chromosome from inception. Still another species losing its males though.

In reptiles the sex of a hatchling is directly affected by the temperature at which the egg incubates. Pet breeders use this to balance the sex of their stock...

I am comfortable with my past at this present time.

Yeah very much.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17320
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.