Agnostic.com

31 6

What do you think is the common link in this "group"? Do you think it's dating, or theology based? What is it that you are looking for, by being here?

Self explanatory sort of question, inspired by curiosity. Nothing more. I seek no one, or anything except understanding.

Dreegle 4 Jan 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Like-minded people here.

The word freedom comes to mind. On most subjects, I feel free to express myself freely (all except one topic). I like the fact that virtually everyone here is a non believer of one kind or another. It really changes the conversation when you are amongst very religious people. It would be perfect if all here could also express themselves freely politically. The silence is deafening at times.

It's funny. I think that everyone here is kind of a believer... just rebelling against a preconceived idea of what things are like, or should be.
Freedom is tricky. We're taught to be. We are taught what we want, and how to get it by teachers who have been taught to teach by teachers who follow government curriculum, learning and behaviour modeling processes which start with early learning centres and preschools. The government has taken our children from us, and we happily accept it, because with two incomes, we might be able to afford a home... While we train Hitlerjunge... So, "Freedom" is a bit dubious... but that's just a solitary interpretation of data, and needs peer review. ????

@Dreegle that's true, especially after watching some of those documentaries about the bugs in our system that change our brains. For example
[blogs.discovermagazine.com]

An excerpt,
"The Feline Parasite
Toxoplasma gondii tops the list as the most famous — and most controversial — neurological parasite. This tiny protozoan doesn’t look like much more than a blob, but once it makes its way to the brain, it can radically alter the behavior of hosts like rats, cats and, yes, even humans."

And there are many more such organisms apparently. This puts free will in to question too.

I'm here for an intelligent conversation.

Good luck with that... lmao
Nah, just joking... but what would you like to discuss? That's the thing I'm trying to work out. If left to a completely unihibited random collision of ideas, based upon the individuals social education, what would be the topic of conversation? What is the common ground that "intrigues" us enough for us to seek societal acceptance in "places" like this? Where, in real society, would we gather, to discuss our ideas, and thoughts about the massive diversity of knowledge that we each have, that no other has in the same context? Do you think it would be a pub? An "anti church", maybe just random people talking in a park. Where would we belong? In your opinion...

I am just up for general discussion, many forums on pretty much any topic from camping, gardening, economics I get some idiot praying for a solution. I pray that doesn't happen here.

I was in the understanding that we did Prayed for this Site. And that our prayers been answered.

Well... my opinion is that you need to know what you're praying to... I mean "Jesus Christ! Where's my car keys" is a lot easier to say than "Oh random force of non sentience please assist me to be in the correct place in the time space continuum, at precisely the right time so my neural synapses misfire exactly correctly enough for me to remember where I left the fucking things" You know? Far more convenient... but to my view, equally valid prayers. XD Soo... What's your country like?

@Dreegle Bloody hot here, but at least I am on the coast, probably hotter where you are?

Sure didn't came here to talk about god... but every freaking day somebody has to post a question or drama about god and about religion... I thought being an atheist was leaving religion Behind not remembering religion was left behind. My humble and honest take about the god problematica. It's been dropped don't pick it up!

What would you like to discuss? People have opinions about everything. I think that god as a topic is kind of what brings people, then they get here, and sharing their views of disbelief is a form of seeking societal acceptance. "I don't believe this about the imaginary sky fairy... does anybody else not believe that too? We can hang... ". I dunno... my guess... lol... I must admit, though, I do like my perception of god... but that's mainly just for philanthropic debate 😀

I'm never the one to bring up the god thing in my daily life. Daily I'm bombarded with it, to the point where I need a little support. I feel safe to vent my frustrations here ... with out fear of judgement. I feel so free.

@gipsy Freedom is good and only liberty really,.

@Dida I am just... when I drop a subject, I leave on the floor not be picked again. And maybe because I cancelled my subscription to god and religion over 50 years ago and never needed reassuring or support about it. Just don't see the need of discussing it on a daily basis. I hope theist don't spent their time talking about atheist. And then again... how will I know since I don't do the experience?

@Dida That inquiry always scares me because it may end up being... "this is the last place left to look for god".

Ultimately, I think shared thinking, particularly in theology is a commonality. The "dating" aspect likely depends on the person. Some may be looking for intelligent conversation, some for long distance or local friends and done for dating. Me? I'm new and suppose I'm here because I'm intrigued and would like to see what the site has to offer.

Welcome to our little world, humble battlefield and active forum.

Yes. I'm much the same. Intrigued. I feel like I have a certain freedom, here. You knou? Everyone seems to be doubters, with knowledge of ignorance about a topic, so, seems a much less judgemental crowd... but we'll see... You might get to see me be the first stake burning...>XD that happens a bit

@GipsyOfNewSpain Thank you, we'll see what kind of mischief I can get into! 😉

@SmittenKitten I learned as a teen, the moment we lose our playground... we lose ourselves to become part of the masses. So a playground for ground ups is necessary to keep us happy and in tune with all other participants in the play ground.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17345
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.