Agnostic.com

8 5

Milkshakes and Root Beer Floats

I’ve heard that root beer and/or sarsaparilla is not widely known outside the Americas. Is this true people-from-not-here? I’m mostly interested in the Australia area. I know that the plants needed are not around Europe.

I’ve been getting hot fudge milkshakes lately. The flavor is different than chocolate, and you get drops of fudge throughout. I like to add banana sometimes. Though I think I’m going to try it with strawberries or raspberries next.
????
Yum.

What are ice cream treats you like?

Annaleda 8 Jan 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Bundaberg makes root beer. Haven't tried it — I didn't care much for American root beer when I was there.

Nice to be young, now I have to watch my sugar. But diet root beer is not bad🙂

In spite of the lack of plants we do have root beer in Europe, but it is not very popular.

Chocolate malt.... dang good.... yummy.

You can get Sarsaparilla here, a few different brands but Ginger Beer is more popular. And a float is called a spider in Australia. There is even a native sarsaparilla plant that is supposed to have a similar flavour but couldn't tell because I don't drink softdrink/soda.

Kimba Level 7 Jan 22, 2018

Lol. A spider? I don’t know if I’d try something named a spider in Australia. Lol. You have spiders that eat birds!

@Annaleda A few, but we also have pretty spiders that dance.

Hahaha@Kimba

I have absolutely no idea what a root beer is, to be honest. Never tried it, never seen one, and when they're mentioned on American TV shows I don't know what's going on because I just don't know what they are.

It is after writing this that I noted you're not really interested in answers from Europe.

I have a pal in Warsaw who for many years could not get marshmallows. I would ship cases to him 😛

Yes, I am definitely interested in answers from Europe. Answers from everywhere.

And you not knowing what root beer is, is exactly what I’ve been told about Europe. Thank you, for your input.

You haven't lived until you taste a good glass of mavi. It is a Puerto Rican root beverage that is fermented. And will buzz you but yet is like nothing else I ever tasted. And available to kids in my day and I am sure still... is a cultural thing. Every country and culture will have favorites maybe not available somewhere else. You just discovered avocado. And to you, you use it as a fruit... what I recognize it is... but in our culture is used as a vegetable.

is mavi available in the USA?

I don’t think of avocado as a fruit. I use it for many things. 🙂

@Annaleda Right but tell that to do the Navy... Bootcamp... they only served avocado on breakfast! breakfast!!! we marching all day under the Orlando sun and you served me avocado only on breakfast?

@Ad4hubby I don't think ever been bottled and taxed... always been bootleg, it is obtained in nucleus of Puerto Ricans but not as often as coquito, that anybody can do. Mavi because of the main ingredient and need to be fermented but wait till the summer and remind me I will tell my sister to fetch me some from New York.

@Annaleda And Mexicans got all the credit for squashing it into guacamole... sacrilege to us in the caribbean! he, he, ha.

@JWDiaz Exactly bro.

mmmmmmmmmm gosh that sounds good right now... I love to get strawberry daiquiri mix and add bananas to it. A root-beer float would totally hit the spot right now...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17362
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.