Agnostic.com

8 3

"Who the hell is that in the mirror?" - my Mother at 75.
Is 'mid-life crisis' simply when your outside doesn't match your self perception anymore?
Why am I now the 'Cool Mom' and not just 'Cool'?

AmiSue 8 Jan 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

that's life

Nothing wrong with being a cool mom! I'd say that is more of an achievement than just being cool!
I had a midlife crisis at 20, that only gives me another 10 years! The body is just a vessel for the mind, don't worry what it looks like, just keep it functioning as best you can. People these days have a tendency to look after their cars better than they look after their bodies.

Dav87 Level 6 Jan 22, 2018

@AmiSue love it! Now that's living! Keep rocking! I too have thrown some crazy moves at marilyn manson gigs.

I'll always be young at heart.

...newsflash...'your outside (want ever) match your self perception anymore' and your happiness appears in different forms...old people still have fun, it is just...that nobody much cares!

I still see myself as a 25 year old. But I also know I’m 39 and much different. My dad says he still sees my mom as the 22 year old who was a 110 pounds. It’s odd that that happens.

My inner beauty and my outer beauty parted ways during chemo., surgery, etc.. No hard feelings, the outside was for attracting trouble; good riddance. On the inside, I'm magnificent. lol

gipsy Level 4 Jan 22, 2018

Cool is cool. Be grateful.

@AmiSue A bunch of little agists. Agism is a real

You had arrived to Phase 2.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17380
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.