Agnostic.com

6 0

Annoying Christian rhetoric

What Christian phrase annoys you the most?

• 1 vote
  • 0 votes
  • 10 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 5 votes
grumy 5 Sep 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They are all worthless.

Here in the south it's, have a blessed day.
Me - pass

Blessed are the nonbelievers, for they've figured out how to shed that nonsense.

The one that grates the most: "But He believes in YOU!"

Deb57 Level 8 Sep 8, 2018

I haven’t voted, because they are all equally inane. As someone who has never had a belief in any religion they actually don’t even register on my consciousness. The one thing I have found curious since coming into this community on Angostics is how much annoyance these sort of remarks cause you. They are all around me too, they are meaningless and so they don’t warrant any attention from me. I went to church on Tuesday morning, it was a Catholic Mass in memorial for my best friend who died two years ago. Whilst the priest was incanting and the congregation were replying and bobbing up and down, I was actually remembering my friend and the good times we enjoyed together, and actually shed a tear or two. Just let all this wash over you dear friends, and feel sorry for your more religious friends that they can’t feel what we feel, freed from the tyranny of dogma.

the blessed one is the only one i've ever actually heard! i always get "i'll pray for you" after i've already said i'm an atheist. amazingly enough, as a jew i also encounter "how can you not believe in jesus? he was a jew!" i always reply "so am i. so worship me. wear a fat little old lady on a chain around your neck." i shouldn't be surprised by circular logic from christians but that one is so funny (and frustrating).

g

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:174003
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.