Agnostic.com

4 1

QUESTION When Will Religious People Say “Time’s Up”? - TheHumanist.com

Allegations have also been made against men in positions of authority in the religious realm. And yet, those allegations haven’t ignited a push to take righteous action against the perpetrators or to support the accusers. Many religious people—men and women—have stood up and said “me too,” but when will religious people finally say “time’s up”?

zblaze 7 Jan 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Joseph Campbell published some interesting stuff about stages in the rise and fall of religions throughout history. The way they ran their course and faded away. The last dying breath of a religion is when it becomes predominantly a retail business, then gets "cartooned". The point where the cartoon images aren't marketable is when a new trend/religion starts.

gipsy Level 4 Jan 22, 2018

I would be cautious to expand on the craziness that is going on now. We are starting on the first steps towards an authoritarian society where individual rights are violated in the name of "Victims". Both fascists and communists exploited this. It's easy to stir up people's anger.

It will be a new movement of "me Too" once Religious people get their act together. Slow to go vs everything they believe me.

It's just a matter of time, I think it's getting to the point in a chess game where even though they are outnumbered, they are hoping for a draw!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17437
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.