Agnostic.com

4 1

LINK Romano Fenati sacked by team after pulling rival's brake lever at high speed | Sport | The Guardian

how do you spell unsportsmanship asshole?

Romano Fenati has been sacked by his Marinelli Snipers Team following a remarkable incident whereby he pulled Stefano Manzi’s brake lever at 140mph during Sunday’s Moto2 race in San Marino.

The Italian rider was given a two-race suspension but has now had his contract ripped up.

Lukian 8 Sep 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Those guys brains are as reeved up as their bike engine. It takes a split second to make a bad choice. I wasn't there, I don't know what may have transpire between these two before the race or the lap before. Who knows...however, if #13 was trying to hurt his fellow competitor, all he had to do was to give the handler bar a little push to get the bike out of course and it would have end up spinning like crazy. He just gave a little push to front break just enough to take him out of concetration. Still a bad choice and dangerous but all things considered, with all possibilities, that was a mild action and it wouldn't surprise me if both are thinking on what is the next prank to get even. That's what guys do.... Bottom line, I doubt we are getting the full story

the guy is still mental to attempt doing that at 140 mph while expecting nobody would notice or it being taped.

@Lukian that's why I would say it's just a prank. They know there are cameras everywhere and they watch video over and over to fine the tiniest opportunity to improve their skills (similar to NFL). He knew he was going to be caught, no doubt. Also, about 70% of the brake power is in the front wheel. He did use only enough squeeze to accomplish whatever he was trying to do. He knows very well how far you must press that lever to send the bike down but he didn't..... Agree, an irresponsible and stupid thing to do but seems to me he knew what he was doing

@IamNobody i'm no convinced but hey, we'll never know.

@Lukian there's a reason for everything....given time, someone will spill the beans

@Lukian I've just found a report on line where describes three incidents before that lead this guy to lose it. Not a prank but aggressive behavior between competitors. I wonder if video of those previous incedents would come out and help explain. Anyhow, Fenati explained he wasn't trying to hurt him but to get his attention to get even. There is more to the story... Still unfolding. For onr thing, Fenati have called it quits

Drug testing needed!

Total dick move! Unbelievable!

That's pretty low. Is trumpism rubbing off around the world? Has the level of assholes increased since he was placed in office? Inquiring minds want to know. 😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:175687
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.