Agnostic.com

5 2

Are you afraid of success?

What makes a person sabotage their own success? I'm currently job hunting in a new field and it's scary. What if I'm not successful? What if I can't find a job making the money I want? What if...??? Ugh!

The things we fear don't ever really happen. Bring on the challenge. I got this. I am ready for success. My moment of self doubt is gone.

helionoftroy 7 Sep 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nope. What I am afraid of is others coming to crush the joy of my success.

Hope you find great success in your new field.

I really wish "The things we fear don't ever really happen." was accurate. Think this observation is dependent on how you define "fear" and "really happen"

Before tRump became president, I was greatly concerned (feared) tRump would take the election. I spent dozens of hours trying trying to warn people not to waste their vote on any person other then Hillary as if tRump took control he would prove to be catastrophic.

“Ever” is my copout word. I stress when I think about the state of political affairs so I limit my exposure to the news. I’ll watch Steven Colbert to get the latest and laugh at the stupidity of it all.

it is not fear we need to fear. it is letting fear paralyze us. it's okay to be afraid. act anyway!

g

Good . That was negative energy. 🙂

perhaps we all sabotage our relationships fearing failure over compensating or even accusing/worrying out loud our lovers might cause our fears to come true....as for careers, that is a different story... not all most qualified workers get their fair share of the business pie or even a single bite

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:176628
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.