Agnostic.com

6 5

LINK Don’t Believe the Hype: Tech-Induced Anxiety is Real | Thrive Global

Recent studies have shown that as society’s daily tech use has increased, so have our mental health problems -- especially among adolescents.

ballou 8 Sep 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As long as I can flip the off button on him..

Kids see the highly-edited, only-glamorous lives of others online and feel anxious and depressed that their own lives don't measure up 😟

It hasn't done much for the physical development either. Kids do not know what it is like to get the kids on the street together and play a game or just be together anymore.

I was a late adopter of tech. I didn't get my first cell phone until 2010. While I find the device useful, I also despise it. Look around in any public place and a lot of people are focussed on a little screen and oblivious to what is going on around them. I keep my phone on "silent" at all times because I don't want the blasted thing to take over my life. So far so good, but I still feel a certain nostalgia for the good old days before cell phones.

To this day, I absolutely refuse to speak to an answering system. I feel like I'm talking to a toddler.

godef Level 7 Sep 11, 2018

I can believe that. I'm beginning to question how it has effected me since l have been on this site. I joined in Feb and it is my only experience on social media. On Facebook, l don't really use it for anything other than keeping up with the local happenings and a handful of friends.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:176645
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.