Agnostic.com

4 0

This night I have been thinking about a subject that I wanted to post about. By day I can't remember it anymore. Is that because I'm getting old or is the fact that I lost the structure of a church lead by a god causing that. I think I'm doing quite well without, but maybe the memories based on preconceptions that I erased also made holes in my memory. I don't know, but it is still uncomfortable.

Gert 7 Jan 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hoi Gerrit. Het is zeker je nothing post en schrijf, dus niet binna het kerkof. Was de familie van je vrouw uit Friesland of Gronigen, (Reformed Christians)? Alstublieft, het spijt mijn heele slecht nederlandse.---------and before everybody gets all twisted into a knot, I will not practice my limited Dutch again.

Well, I do appreciate your effort. Really I do. And, inderdaad, mijn vrouw is volbloed Friezin. We zijn nu ruim acht jaar in Amerika en genieten met volle teugen.

I am 74 (as of two days ago), and this sort of thing happens to me quite a lot. The thing I am trying to remember generally comes back to me, though not necessarily at the most opportune time. I don't think the fact that I long ago lost my religious faith has anything whatever to do with it.

I didn't think that too, actually, but who knows the best ideas fall just out of the air and can surprise you or whoever 🙂.

I did not "lose" my religious faith. The religious tell a person not to listen to the "Devil", not even the first time. Pick one: did anyone ever come back from the dead, walk on water, etc.? Once a person starts to think, it is a mad rush to get out the church door. 74! I'm about 110. Memory wasn't too bad at a 100, but now it is starting to go.

Maybe you are a vampire and don't function too well in the day....

Might, but I don't react on silver, so not likely I guess.

That's ok - I wasn't planning on sending any! 😉

Perhaps you should be come a disciple of Siri? If you ask her to remember something for you she will, and she possesses the Knowledge of the Ages. and Google.

I don't like Siri and I don't like everybody yelling to her in a cosy living room. The worst though is that she can't get used to my accent. She never finds the right answer to my question, so I switched her off. Bye, bye Siri!

@Gert Have you ever heard of "Didi's Babblebox", a quiz, uit Nederland. It was fun.She and her quiz are gone; wish I could find them again. One night, I wrote "Paris" and they waited till I wrote "Parijs"- but we know all Dutchmen are crazy, en vrouwen ook. Tot ziens

Well @Diogenes, if it was a Dutch quiz, you should have expected that. And what you said about Dutchmen, indeed, Dutch are just as crazy as the Americans.
Ik zag gisteren een documentaire over Nederlanders die in de vijftiger jaren naar Amerika zijn geëmigreerd, just after WOII. and after 60 years still longing for the Netherlands. They never let go, never got used to the Americans and their way of life. Who are the crazy ones, the Dutch or the Americans where they can't get used to. I don't know. I'm feeling pretty well here after 8+ years

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17678
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.