Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK Les Miserables 25th Anniversary - YouTube

In case, in the alfie boe video i just posted, you were thinking matt lucas looked familiar, chances are you saw him as nardol in doctor who... or maybe you saw him as thenardier in les miserable. this was the best video i could find of "master of the house" and the sound quality sucks, rather, but it's still enjoyable.

g

genessa 8 Sep 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Les Mis is awesome. I've seen it on Broadway. Biggest travesty was casting Russell Crowe as Javert in the movie -- the role should be played by an awesome baritone with great drama, and he had neither! Give me Norm Lewis or Philip Quast over him any day.

i think i might have seen the film (on tv). the fact that i am not sure doesn't speak well for its memorability!

g

I've never seen , "Les Miserables ."

a pity! there is a movie version of the musical, and there are a few movie versions without music, which is quite different, but seeing it on stage is QUITE different. i saw it on stage in london twice, two different casts, and the 25th anniversay concert version, from which this video comes, is special in its own right (largely due to alfie boe, who isn't in this scene).

g

@genessa I'm still a sucker for Colm Wilkinson.

@bleurowz he sings WITH alfie boe and at least one other jean valjean vet at the end of the 25th! he's good -- but gimme alfie! (well, as an actor and singer lol; as a person i am sure he's nice but he has this religion thing going!)

g

@genessa Yes, I know, I've seen this concert version several times, they bring back most of the original cast and others who've performed the roles.

@bleurowz isn't it great? i just love it! i used to be able to see it on cable on demand and they removed it suddenly and now it's been over a year. i can see bits on youtube, mostly bad recordings like this one, and that's it. or i could buy the album i guess but it's not the SAME.

g

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:177029
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.