Agnostic.com

8 0

How can the impossible be true?

I challenge any human to explain how anything can exist. You can trace our universe back to the big bang.....Ok, fine.....a "singularity" expanded rapidly. Ok, fine. Now what is a singularity and where did it come from? As I imagine the theoritical backtracking, looking for the original "beginning of anything", no matter how many "thoerical steps" you go through, you would eventually have to arrive at the original "matter or energy or potential or whatever" which was there forever. (FOR EVER !!!....without anything causing it to be). That is not conceivable to me.

balance_point 6 Jan 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Something exists now, therefore its rational to suggest that something has always existed. The idea that universe began from nothing, is not completely black and white. And even definitions of the term 'nothing' are topics for hot debate with physisists

I like the 'science fiction' fantasy film 'The Matrix' The two sequels kinda went 'off the rails' a bit. It suggests a 'possibility'

The thought of infinite universes was Impossible before Galalie. I see billions of star systems and wonder: if we can only see as far as we can see, just think of what we cannot see. Our puny minds cannot conceive of the vastness of space, Though Star Trek paints a pretty picture. Impossible is in the minds eye, time will reveal what is truly impossible.

I also struggle with the concept, so as usual when I struggle with something, I gave up.

It doesn't matter. It will have no effect on my life if I don't understand it. But inventing a magic pixie that is eternal doesn't change the problem or solve anything.

So for now, I just ignore it (it doesn't go away, but it helps a bit).

I really doubt you'll find many theoretical physicists on this site. If you really want answers to questions like this, you should probably ask people who dedicate their lives to answering the big questions. Even then, there are still a lot of unanswered questions. None are answered by saying "god did it" though.

It is possible, our universe may be the by product of a Black Hole in another universe..awesome, huh?

How about we are a computer simulation of a higher intelligence.

@jlynn37 That is the christian science dealio... kind of this here is not real and we all go back to be part of matter when we die. Matter is the Big Kahuna.

First I've heard of that.

Matrix reloaded !

@jlynn37
No I don't think so..though that could explain glitches in my memory, meeeemeem memooo memoryyyyy

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

That's what he been saying. Preacher in a different pulpit. Still a preacher. Oh, I gonna catch hell now.

Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it's not true. Clearly it isn't impossible.

If you want to learn, check out Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17707
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.