Agnostic.com

4 6

LINK Big Money As Private Immigrant Jails Boom : NPR

[usnews.com]

I think a lot of the money being spent on this is funding that was diverted from other areas. Wouldn't surprise me to learn that a lot of it was diverted from FEMA, and the recovery efforts for Puerto Rico. Yes, this is conjecture on my part, but do you really think it's all that far-fetched?

KKGator 9 Sep 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Jeff Sessions (& others) have even admitted that these detentions, as well as the separations, are used deliberately to scare & deter asylum seekers. This is not the way we're supposed to "process" these folks, even if we are going to refuse them!
& I don't think any underhanded scheme is too far-fetched for this administration!

Not far fetched at all. Surprised we haven't heard about it already.

As the "War on Drugs" was in actuality a way to insure that the privatization of prisons woudl be very profitable, I would not doubt or even be surprised that the Trump crack down on immigrants was also to insure profitability for political donors. Actually, I'd expect that kidn of thing from Trump... but also from republicans in general.

often it seems those that run the prisons should be the ones inside them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:177124
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.