Agnostic.com

7 3

Which is the Best country for Atheists?

I have read that 45% of sweden's population are Atheists, I want to move to a country where I meet less religious people, where the government does not mix laws with religion, where there is no communal violence, no hate crime based on religion.
know any country like this?

siddy_boy 3 Jan 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If I was younger and just starting out I would move abroad to go to college and see where I end up after that. I'm not liking how our government is married to religion. I think it is very dangerous to put deluded people in government and here they try to prove how religious they are, except Trump but all the rest make excuses for him, that makes me even sicker.
I have relatives in Slovenia and their favorite place to go is Sweden. They say the people are friendly and not religious, they are very socially consciences and environmentally aware too. I think I would fit there better than here.

I'm beginning to see a pattern here: Netherlands, Sweden, Iceland and my personal favorite Antarctica (Penguins and scientists, an atheist heaven!). Could it actually be that the warmer the climate is to hell, the more the devout congregate?

Could the answer to fundamentalism actually be as simple as better more efficient air conditioning?

I heard is The Netherlands

Believe it or not Isreal is the most secular nation in the world. You can order pork in most restarunts....Ask for the "white beef".

Please keep trying to convince me. It has not happened yet.

Antarctica

We have previous posts-if you use keyword populations you can access them. I tried cutting and pasting to no avail. Admn?

Netherlands? That would be my first guess..

@RobCampbell Europe is turning its back to religion...specially Catholicism....and that's the reason the Pope -a Latin American- wants to keep the two countries with most Catholics (Brazil / Mexico) under his wing.

Many european countries do not place great importance on religion - 82% of Swedes say religion is not important in their lives and 73% in the UK.

I think you will struggle to find a country where there is no communal violence or hate crime, but there are countries where this is the exception rather than the norm.

Scandinavian countries always fare well in surveys of societal happiness and have lower crime rates than many other countries. The UK is pretty good, but there are some areas with a higher incidence of violent crime.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17718
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.