Agnostic.com

5 2

How can I help my brother?

My brother and I share a house owned by our parents. Our parents have kicked him out. He has an apartment ready to move in on October 15, about a month a way.
I want this go well, for him, and the rest of us. I’m not angry him. Our parents told him to leave. I had no part in as I do not own the house.
If he is amenable to it, I would like to visit his apartment. I don’t want him to feel completely alone. His friends have abandoned him. I think I may be all he has.
Is it a good idea to offer that he can text me anytime? I don’t mind checking in on his dog when he has a particular long day.
I am interested in any thought people might have?

ErebusVincent 6 Sep 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't know what the heck you're talking about. Why is he being kicked out - why, if he's being kicked out does he have a dog i.e., why was he allowed to have one when he couldn't afford him/her and did he select the apartment he's to move into in October or did someone else?

Yes, it is the height of absurdity. It is my own failure that has allowed this. My failures weigh heavily on me.

this is something you need to ask your brother. find out whether you would be welcome there, and how he thinks you can best help him.

g

If he has not harmed you personally, you should stand by him. Let him know that you love him and you're still there for him.

Since you didn't share why he was kicked out or why his friends abandoned him, there's not enough information for us to decide whether you should help him or not. I mean, if he was involved with drugs or something minor then keep in contact with him and make sure he is doing ok; help take care of his dog. If he murdered or raped someone, then call the cops and turn him in. Personally, I would probably disown one of my brothers if they committed a terrible act or crime.

Helping care for his dog , when he has to be away , is a great and helpful idea . I'm sure the dog will love you for it .

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:177679
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.