Agnostic.com

3 1

GASOLINE IS STILL A GOOD BARGAIN.

In the sixties bargain gas was 25 cents. So 4 gallons per dollar. Today a silver dollar will still buy at least four gallons in todays market. Don't forget that up until 1967 a silver dollar was only worth a dollar. The problem is our currency has devalued, and wages have not keep up with inflation. In the early 70's I earned 6$ per hour as a mechanic. A doctor visit was 8$, so I worked a little over an hour to pay for a doctor visit. Not many could pay for a doctor visit with an hour + wages today. Everything has increased in value, except our wages.

Many of the higher paying jobs have gone out of country.

I want to know if you as a wage earner agree that wages are low compared to the cost of living?

Leutrelle 7 Jan 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I cannot afford living ..

From what I understand, people in Europe pay the equivalent of $4 a liter.

I no longer complain about the price here.

Also, if wages kept up with the rate of inflation I believe economists has said it would be around $20 or more an hour. So, yes it is WAY low compared to the cost of living and rate of inflation.

Gas in europe always been expensive but everything else is cheaper. So... fuck gas. And they got all kinds of other things your government in america denies you and me. Including health coverage.

Petrol or "gas" as you like to call it is currently around £1.20 in the UK and a similar price around Europe per litre. Diesel is a similar price. So petrol here is about $6.45 per US gallon. Most of which is made up from fuel duty. Hence the drive in Europe towards cars that are more fuel efficient.

And the wealth gap is much wider, the rich pay less in taxes, and college is much less affordable.

So true. We have been hit in all areas.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17815
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.