Agnostic.com

11 3

If God existed and he was an all seeing individual with the power to smite you then he is a sadist, otherwise he would have just squished history's bad people instead of continuously watched them do wrong.

Ac08 4 Jan 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Why would a loving god create beings with evil in their being? I am aware of many of the fatuous rationalizations, but.... how could any above average entity be this wrong so often?

It does not exist,unless evidence can come to light.but if god did exist he is more than a sadist he /she/it is a psycho watching innocent people and other animals die in pain.

Christians give you the cop out answer, such as god give free will, which doesn’t make sense cause they unknowingly just admitted their god was evil. They will always have pull it out of your a** answer so you can never win with these people. Giving free will isn’t no different when a parent give their child free will to walk as a toddler. If a child is about to walk toward danger, any loving parent will prevent that child from getting hurt, but not the Christian’s beloved god, though. As long as it’s god, it’s alright. I mean these people defend the same monster who asked a man to murder his own son cause he was testing him when god should have already known if Abraham was faithful to him. Like their god, they never take responsibility of their own actions.

Well, maybe they looked good naked. I don't, so I have to be nice.

The argument from Christians is generally that free will is so important that God doesn't interfere to prevent people from doing bad things, to which I reply: Where's the free will of the man who's beaten and murdered? Where's the free will of the woman who's raped and tortured? Where's the free will of the child who's sold into sex slavery? If God won't intervene to prevent bad actions because that would impinge free will, he's allowing the free will of the victims to be obliterated. I heard a Jewish rabbi speak about evil and claimed that there's no reason to think that God is all powerful or all knowing. And to that I reply: Why worship something so lacking in judgement as to create beings who can and do suffer so greatly? Why hold in any esteem a being whose ethics are so skewed?

You could stretch the idea of free will to God allowing bad people to kill... I don't know, maybe three people.
But since people die of heart attacks and leukemia, why not kill every serial killer after their third victim. But why would a merciful god not drop a burst brain vessel half a second after the third offence? (So the families know they killed is dead.)

Allan Level 5 Jan 24, 2018

With all the horrible things that happen in this world it just proves there is no god

If god is true....and he wanted his son to be loved by all and heard....then y did he not born Jesus to the king....where he could have grown up and spread his word peacefully....as he would have been king and brought peace ....instead of borning him to a homeless slapped that had absolutely nothing....and these 3 wise men....what’s all that about ..if they were that wise....they certainly wouldn’t have followed to Jesus....have u tried following a star....it’s not easy....for someone like me....so three wise brains....would have give up eventually trying to follow a star....lololol????

Remember, God doesn't intervene because he believes in our free will.... except when he decides to intervene....or at least that the religious argument, which I've been trying to figure out since I was 12 years old... So, he won't stop bad people from doing bad things, but he did intervene to stop George W Bush (son of very very rich family and given every opportunity) from drinking (apparently) so he could become President. He does work in mysterious way doesn't he? (Or my vote, there is no God);

If God were omniscient then he would already know whether you'd end up in Hell or not. Testing us would be a sick game because he'd know whether we would pass or fail. He would just sit back and watch us suffer. Sadistic psychopath.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17828
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.