Agnostic.com

5 0

Women, it's your body so why should you have to?

Women, if you choose to have an abortion do you think you should have to tell the man or even get his permission to do so? I know there are laws in different states stating different things. In Texas you have to let them know if you plan on giving the child up for adoption but not if you plan on having an abortion. Men, do you think this is fair? Men, do you think you should be informed and get a choice in the matter?

SonderOpia 8 Jan 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Questions and answers like these highlight why I gave up on believers. If they believe fairytales & have imaginary friends, I doubt their abilities to think rationally and make logical decisions on important things that have tremendous impact on others. I strongly agree with everything written so far on this question. Unless there are well thought out plans and commitments before conception, the "man" is just a sperm donor, a stupid animal. I hate to see government, especially when composed mostly of men, legislate what people, especially women, do. I think one of the few responsibilities of government is to provide incentive for people to keep their commitments. I do not want governments forcing people into agreements or making decisions for them.

Under no circumstances should a woman be required to get a man's permission to have a procedure done on her body. I think it's more fair for a woman to let the man know she is giving the child up for adoption, because then he might want to raise the child as a single father. Ultimately, it's the woman's body and she should not have to get permission to have surgery on it. She's not a child.

For a termination...

If you're in a relationship, I believe the man should be informed and offer an opinion that is taken into consideration but his permission is not relevant.

If it was a simple accident during a casual sexual encounter, do what you want.

If adoption is your choice, he should be offered the chance to raise the child himself. The woman would not owe him child support and would give up all parental rights.

Whether or not you tell the man depends on the situation - if he's your partner and you know he'll respect your decision, it's probably best to tell him. If you conceived as a result of casual sex, there's no need to tell him at all.

As for getting his permission - this should be absolutely unnecessary under any circumstances; it's entirely the woman's right to decide.

Jnei Level 8 Jan 24, 2018

I have never been pregnant so I've never had to face this problem however, if I had and I had chose abortion I would have not told him or just done what I wanted because it is my body therefore I feel it is my choice. I kind of feel sorry for the father on this matter but he's not having to carry it for 9 months and go through the pain of childbirth. I think that outweighs his feelings. Sorry guys.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17973
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.