Agnostic.com

10 2

How did life originate?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A series of (material) amazing coincidences. It's literally cosmic as I'm sure you all know. I'm still amazed every time me I look up at the firmament and experience the dizzying feeling of the size and scope of the cosmos.

DrDee Level 4 Mar 4, 2019

Astrophysicists say that life on earth may have come from mars when there was a collision of two stellar bodies (one of them being mars) and a chunk of mars came away, then proceeded to impact earth with seeded life here

Father time and mother nature got together and here we are,simple.

Abiogenesis. We have made great strides in understanding how the first simple single cell organisms first came into existence, but it's not fully known how exactly yet.

There is an enormous difference between the original origination of life, and the process by which it evolved.

The actual origination of life was a far more random event than it's subsequent 'shaping' by evolution - but that's the beauty of billions of passing years.

If you just kerp throwing the dice - time after time for billions of years - eventually even unlikely things will happen. It's not a matter of 'if' - just 'when'.

Then you get evolution.

Various theories exist. Choose one, we can't yet prove how life started

I love this Dawkins quote:

Life originated with "The First Music".

Very slowly.

skado Level 9 Jan 24, 2018

Wikipedia has a pretty good article on that very subject - [en.wikipedia.org]

Jnei Level 8 Jan 24, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17975
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.