Agnostic.com

3 2

Do you ever have to work with someone who is clearly ignorant, but you have to keep your opinions to yourself?

Some days I can tolerate ignorance more than others. Some days I leave with a headache from work. Clearly out new manager in training sucks. I was supposed to stay until 4 pm at work today, but we had enough people. I wanted my 2 extra hours, but I also had a headache from the training manager. I wanted to go home. My other bosses put him in charge all day to test his skills. He failed so bad. I kind of feel sorry for him, but he hasn't learned much. I'm happy to be home, until tomorrow comes. What do you do when you have to deal with ignorance in the work force? I didn't say anything to my other bosses. I think we all have the same opinion. So I choose to remain silent when I'm at work around others. My mom taught me, "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Sarahroo29 8 Jan 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like Dorothy Parker's version better. "If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me."

Duke Level 8 Jan 24, 2018

@AMGT Looks like we're both mistaken. I Googled it. It's attributed to Teddy Roosevelt's daughter, Alice Roosevelt Longworth.

@AMGT This day hasn't been a total waste for me! LOL

I bet he's a total arse-licker so the bosses love him, too!

Jnei Level 8 Jan 24, 2018

No. He doesn't say much. Except tell us to do something that we all know would not work.

Every day.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18035
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.