Agnostic.com

6 5

LINK Atheist Mom Forced Into Court-Ordered Christian Counseling | Michael Stone

I hope she sues, gets the judge removed and causes the couselor to lose her acredation... if she even has any.

snytiger6 9 Sep 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think the need reminding that it’s the US and not Egypt! I’m still surprised by how seriously religion is taken especially in some of the Southern states. I doubt if this would happen in the UK

It happened in New Mexico. Never been there, but it my my understanding that some parts are very conservative/religious, while other parts are very progressive. Even the most progressive/liveral states have their small town religious pockets. I read about stuff liek this happening in California, in Orange County (not a small town areas, but it does have the mentality) back in the 1980's.

In most parts of the U.S. this would not happen, as courts have ruled against such things. However, there is alwayus those few places and people who slip through the cracks, who think religion is more important than the law.

Call the ACLU, they live for crap like this!

Sue, sue, sue!!

My lawyer would have had fun with that.

What. The. Fuck?!!!

Wow. Hard to believe this could happen at this point in time, when most people should be aware of their rights. I don't understand why she didn't do something sooner.

I thought about it, and she took the fastest route to get her children back. She could have fought it, but it she'd not get her children back as soon. I admire her for enduring it for the sake of her kids.

Now that she has her kids back, I hope she sues, the country, judge and the counselor.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:180440
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.