Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK When and why do people become atheists? New study uncovers important predictors

FTA: Religious choice, he writes, is likely to produce greater numbers of atheists in future generations. Yet authoritarian parenting also creates atheistic tendencies through “alienation, personal disappointment, and rebellion.” Not allowing for choice, it appears, increases the likelihood of atheism.

zblaze 7 Sep 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Very true

i had all the choice in the world. i was raised in a secular jewish household. nothing was forced on me. i came to the conclusion at age 15 there was no god and it never even occurred to me to tell my folks, not because i was afraid or that they'd disapprove, but because i didn't think they'd be interested. religion was not an important part of my upbringing. nor was lack of religion pushed. i could choose.

g

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:180641
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.