Agnostic.com

9 3

Sibling Rivalry

Do you have any war stories from having grown up with siblings?
Did you do the torturing or were you the one on the receiving end?
Bit of both?
Where do you fall in line age wise?

Any stories you and your sib(s) look back on and laugh at?

One of my sisters is nearly 7 years older than me.
When I was about 5, it used to be that you could call your own phone number and if you hung up quickly, your phone would ring.

My sister would set me up with this..
She’d make the phone ring, and yell out that it was for me, so I’d answer in a different room of the house.
After I said hello, in her best Mickey Mouse impersonation, my sister would tell me that I was very ugly, and never allowed in Disneyland again.
Then she’d hang up.
I’d cry my eyes out.

Hahahhahahahahhahaa

AMGT 8 Jan 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good Catholic family. There were 8 of us (5 boys, 3 girls) born within 10 years of each other. My dad was not the most patient of parents.There were times when we would all have to pile into the family station wagon. We three "older boys" considered it our obligation to try to get the younger ones riled up enough to get them yelled at. The easiest target was Dickie. We would get close to him and repeat "give us a snicker Dickie. Give us a snicker Dickie." He would try his hardest to not laugh. We knew we had him when he was holding his breath trying not to laugh but making sounds like air coming out of a balloon. Finally, he could hold it no more and would burst out laughing like a 4-year-old hyena. Mission accomplished.

That’s so beautifully cruel ❤
I’m the youngest of 3 by 13 and 14 years. I got picked on some lol

Oldest of 5 siblings, I was 7 when my mom started popping them out. I hated them with a passion, yes even at 7! They ruined my life in my opinion. My mom was married to my stepdad and after the first was born I was treated like a stepchild, even by my own mother! For this very reason I had 1 child. Honestly, I never wanted kids but when he came along i changed my tune but I knew I did not want anymore. I never wanted him to feel the way I did as a child and I never wanted him to have to share me. He has a half brother who is about 7 years younger and we visit him as often as possible. So at least he has that.

Only child. Probably for the best. Toxic home environment and I was too fucked up to have a younger sibling. Liked your story tho!

I have one sister 4 years younger than me. When we were kids she would try to take my friends away from me. There was no love lost between sisters. Just five years ago we started getting closer. It took my diagnosis of leukemia to bring us closer together.

And look how great you turned out !
You should call her and do that to her now... lol

None to laugh about, I have a brother who often tried to kill me, usually in my sleep. Stabbed me in the chest when I was 10, took 5 minutes to pull the old style can opener out of my sternum, when I was 12 I was asleep and he hit me in the face with a brick, one of the 3 times he has broken my nose. Almost 50 years later, I do not talk to him and will never see him again. He still lives in teh family home, I just refuse to go there.

Ewww! Dude that's a horrible environment to grow up in.

Oh my gosh!!!! That's terrible!

Given I avoid talking to them, nope. I have 2 older sisters all of us are about 2 years apart, AKA planned. In general, we didn't get along. Ever.

My brothers were older than me... I couldn't fight them, the closer to me was into golden gloves boxing. So suicide was out of the question. But I dated this girl in junior high that about 6 years later he dated her and lived together for a bit. He didn't told me... she did. Is the only girl that could say I had them both, that I know and he may had gotten the best of her but I was first.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18109
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.