Agnostic.com

3 1

Hypnotherapy

What do you think about hypnosis and hypnotherapy?

Have you tried it?

zarathustra13 6 Sep 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It has worked for me and my friend so I would support it 100%

I think it has some valid uses and does work if a person desire change. But like everything else, if a person doesnt' want to change, the effects wont' last for long... that is if they work at all. There are definite limitations.

Yup. But you can buy a book and use hypnotherapy to cure traumatic memories yourself, or even take the basic "active ingredients" in hypnotherapy and do the stripped down version, which I've found to be the most effective.

How to do it:
Go into a meditative state and picture the traumatic event you wish to neutralize, but replace the bad memory with a new imagined "memory" of the way it SHOULD have happened. Experience the good memory at length, adding details as needed.

For instance; parents loving, nursing, rocking you as a baby, accepting you as you are, toting you around in a baby carrier against their tummies, etc.

You should come back to yourself afterward with no emotional reaction to the original traumatic event; the former anxiety replaced with peaceful emotions associated with the replacement "memory."

These effects seem to be permanent.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:181608
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.