Agnostic.com

6 3

If attempting to convert others to a religion became illegal tomorrow, how would you feel about it?

EmeraldJewel 7 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Happy.

It would depend on the definition of convert. In some countries it IS illegal to attempt to convert someone to another religion and, for example, the Christians just use that as a fund raising tool and send in undercover missionaries.
I beleive that in some forms of Islam to become an apostate incurs the death penalty.

For me illegality is not the way forward.

I would personally love it because 'converting' is really 'subverting' someones life process because they then don't get the chance to work it out for themselves what they want spiritually .

1 year in jail...

That would be paradise.

@EmeraldJewel. Paradise is right Emerald! Here's my take on a solution. Why not just get pass all those humanitarian reasons religious people give and get to the logic of deduction. Scientists have proven and we have the facts that the bible is bullshit. People seem to need sympathy and love In unexplained supernatural crap... I know this because I was one of them...ugh!!!

I feel like that would be a violation of freedom of speech. And also despite how happy it would make me feel against the Christians and all their psychotic-ness
And finally being able to move forward.
It goes against what I believe as an agnostic and the creation of equality for all religions.

Lol I would love it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18397
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.