Agnostic.com

21 3

LINK Anybody here into Industrial Music?

Perhaps more rare than meeting other nonbelievers are those who enjoy industrial music (NIN, Ministry, 16Volt, etc). Any rivetheads here? And if so, what bands hold your attention?

Unimatrix907 6 Sep 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Trent Reznor is a lyrical genius. I'm also a huge fan of rammstein, though they are more metalish. KMFDM is better than the best. ?

NIN is my favorite by far and I like some ministry

Combichrist
Nine Inch Nails
Ministry
Nitzer Ebb
KMFDM/MSFMK
Depeche Mode
Mindless Self Indulgence
Thrill Kill Kult
VNV Nation
Wumpscut
Dir en Grey

And many others. I was/am a dumb goth, but i'm more ingothnito these days. Goth lite? Bahaha.

Combichrist and MSI ??

What, no love for Front Line Assembly?

Seeing Ministry touring on Psalm 69 is the loudest thing I've ever experienced, and I used to front a death metal band. You should check out the 'Punk, Metal and Other Forms of Aggression' group for more fellow travelers.

I like NIN. Does Prodigy count? How about Phantogram?

I like Phantogram, too. I'm pretty sure it counts because the sampler and synthesizer is being used

I used to be into Rob Zombie's music (White Zombie and his solo stuff) until Hellbilly Deluxe 2 came out. I figured his best days were behind him after that album was released.

I like Ministry's covers of Black Sabbath's songs.

I was never huge into industrial but I really got into the Lard. Last Temptation of Reid is still a regular on my playlists.

The 'singing lamprey' debut ep is pretty special, too.

Nitzer Ebb

Getting Closer is still finds it’s way to my stereo. It starts with one step, two steps, they are getting closer to having coffee with me.

Thank you for this post, it reminded me of college. 🙂

More post-punk and proto industrial, but any Killing Joke fans out there?

Skinny Puppy, Throbbing Gristle, Laibach, BLOK 57, Pigface, Nurse With Wound, Einsterzende Neubaten, Front 242, Z'EV, Cat Rapes Dog, KMFDM, Test Dept. - in fact, the only industrial band I've never really liked that much is NIN.

Jnei Level 8 Dec 20, 2018

Saw Einsterzende Neubauten in 1993 - awesome show.

Corrections House.

KenWG Level 3 Dec 2, 2018

I like NIN and ministry and Marilyn Manson and Tool. Plus a variety of other music.❤

Ministry holds a dear place for me, nine inch nails is also very cool

I just like music so, yes. Some of it is worth listening to.

Jnei Level 8 Dec 27, 2018

I‘m into FEAR FACTORY, GODFLESH, MINISTRY, MALHAVOC, SKIN CHAMBER, SCORN, LARD, SWEET TOOTH. GODFLESH was my entry to Industrial music. I listened to NAPALM DEATH and checked out what the other bands of the members were. „Avalanche Master Song“ is still great.

Yucel Level 3 Dec 10, 2018

I was heavy into Industrial "Wax Trax" and punk in the 90's. Sometimes I get nostalgic and go back to it but now I'm more into Reggae Rock.

I saw NIN for the first time back in 2007. It still remains the best live performance I have ever seen.

I was listening to The Young Gods earlier today. Only Heaven is an amazing album, one of my all time favorites of any genre.

My first born was manager of a Industrial Metal band. Too Loud for my taste... not bad "music" I guess. They had another name and later became "The Embraced" I guess. Not my music.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:184363
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.