Agnostic.com

5 1

Has anyone self-exiled themself from their home state or city due to religious reasons? I moved from east Texas to southern California.

CaliDream 3 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would probably be assassinated by the locals if I moved back to rural Missouri. I've posted too many 'Libtard' posts on their local 'politically incorrect FB site'.

I think a lot of us have decided or realized that we cannot go home again. We simply have changed our beliefs so much that we have virtually no chance of living a satisfying life in the culture in which we grew up. My question is "what experiences did each of us have that led us to be so different from those with whom we grew up?" I'd like to compare notes.

I like to think I just have a strong bullshit detector.

Yes, got the hell out of Dodge. Grew up in Kansas, left when graduated from college, and now on the West Coast. Nothing to go back there for. Part of leaving was religion, and also the people being afraid of any one difference, and just never fit in very well.

No, I just self exile cause of Boredom or really love another city..like NYC..it's Yuge..you could self exile yourself just going 5 blocks down the street or a train ride away..

It's amazing what a difference it is. You don't feel everything you do is subject to the approval of the ruling church. You don't see businesses using religion as an advertising point. People of different ethnicities and religions just walk around like normal.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18488
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.