Agnostic.com

8 0

What’s the best way to get started on here?

I’ve just joined this site, and like any community there are a bunch of unknown rules and objectives to getting the most out of it I expect. What are everyone’s top tips? What are the big faux pas to avoid?

AliceOB 3 Sep 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Murder someone (with words) on the first day to establish dominance. 😛

look through the "Forums" section under the "Discuss" tab regularly. here you will find general posts to the site, and on the right you have a bar to limit what you are seeing by some fairly broad topics. you can select topics when you post, as well, so if you have a bit of Academia to share you can select "Academic" and people interested in that topic will see your posts when they select it.

Look through the groups. there are a lot. join the ones that interest you. when you join, definitely look through the posts that are already there to make sure it's a good fit for you.

when thinking about commenting on a post, check the date of the post. not saying it's necessarily a "faux pas", but reading through previous comments and seeing if it's an older post can keep you from resurrecting a dead post, or winding up talking to people who are no longer following that post anyway.

that covers my tips, I think.

Oh, if you see someone that interests you, you can follow them by going to their profile page and clicking on the "follow posts" button in the upper right. if you decide to engage someone directly, through PMs or on their posts, it's good to read their profile and get a feel for what they are looking for or what they are into, so you don't wind up engaging them in conversations that neither of you will get much out of.

To learn about Levels, hover your mouse on the "About" tab at the top of this page.

1. Click on FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).

2. In the middle of the page, you will see "How Are Levels Determined?"

3. In the middle of that paragraph, click on the blue link, "Levels page."

4.This will show your progress, how to gain points, and the perks of different levels.

Je ne sais pas....

I would suggest that you join groups specific to your interests, there are now soooo many to choose from. Browse posts in various sections from topics that resonate with you. Comments are golden, especially if you're wanting to meet someone on here. Build up a history where people can get to know you. You'll eventually come across people you like and you can 'follow' them and then theres always messaging to strike up private conversations with people. Good luck and enjoy the show.

Hi, Alice, and welcome to the website!

By the way, this website has a bit of a learning curve, so here's some info, in case you need it.

For members who are open to dating, certain thumbnails and profiles have a heart symbol on them with a percentage. This identifies which members are open to dating, and the percent shows approximately how compatible others are with them.

You gain website points by answering all the profile questions and writing a bio, which also earns website points, and helps other members get to know you.

Commenting on posts and writing your own posts earns more points. At level two you can private message people, and at level eight you get an agnostic T-shirt.

If you want to date, the website uses profile algorithms to find member matches, so the more details one includes, the better the match.

Many people prefer to see a written profile talking about interests, hobbies, and backgrounds that can be quickly perused to find others with similar interests..

In case you didn't know yet, to find members near you, click on the "Browse" button at the top of the page, then on "Members," and enter your preferred search parameters.
Click on the "Discuss" button, then "Nearby" to find members near you also.
Or click on the "About" button at the top left of the page to find links to FAQ or the website tutorial.
Points are now being given to level 3+ members who chat. You can see chat rooms on the group main page.

Omg I need the t shirt! Hahaha

V Already said what I was going to say. If there is any thing a a faux pas it's just to use common sense. Don't make hate speeches, don't dog on other people, etc. Oh and if you are a trump supporter, you will probably get a lot of negative replies!

Post shit, comment , like stuff ,join groups and basically tailor it to you're own needs ...oh and have fun

I was gonna post something very similar to that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:185194
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.