Agnostic.com

3 3

Recently a woman was beated in her home by her gun owning husband. However the court did not see fit to take away his license or guns. I maintain this is a disgrace and criminal. So many spouces have been killed by their husbands in on going domestic disputs.

Marine 8 Sep 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The vast majority of murdered women are killed by a romantic partner (past or present). Many have been involved with the legal system before their murder. It seems obvious that someone convicted of DV should not have access to guns, but the courts often don’t take it seriously enough.

I am one who most definitely would not be here today if my first husband had been able to access a gun!!!

I believe gun ownership should be federally controlled licensing and the rules for all states should be the same. One of these rules would be to give up any gun license and weapons in any domestic dispute case. It might just save the lives of some women and men who beat women are not men rather they are bullies and cowards who never learned to use their words.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:185463
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.