Agnostic.com

10 1

When is the last time a teenager held open a door or said excuse me or aided you in some other manner?

Marine 8 Sep 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Happens all the time here in Hawaii. Many of the kids are raised to respect adults the same age as their parents/grandparents. People of my generation are treated as aunties and uncles, and it's heartwarming, to the point of putting a smile on my face and making me feel like the future is in good hands.

My nephew. When I saw him last week. Kindest 17-year-old you'll ever meet.

very recently. i have had doors opened for me at restaurants and in medical facilities, by adults, teens and children.

g

That is because you are a level 7. If you were a lowly level 3, you would not have people opening up doors for you.

@yamaha45701 ha! all of this happened before i joined this site. (i don't get out much and i've only been here about three weeks.) but of course now that i am here i should wear a level seven badge so people will also pull my chair out for me when i sit.

g

@genessa When you reach level 7, your aura changes to a more pastel color and folks naturally pick up on it. They say, "this person is really awesome, let's really go out of our way to do nice things for her". No badge needed, or maybe they have the app on their smartphones that tells them what level someone is who is close by.

@yamaha45701 ah but what if they're not atheists? then they cannot see auras because, you know, jesus.

g

@genessa Then they look for the halo around the heads of the Jesus folks. The bigger the halo, the higher level they are. (also the app must be set to the believer setting, not the agnostic setting).

@yamaha45701 i can't find their buttons and i am afraid to look for them. i just smile and say thank you. it's safer.

g

Last night.

I hit the YMCA every day and lots of people holding doors.

On average, once every other week.

I'm a high school teacher and since I see a teens all the time I'm happy to report that some still do. Unfortunately, many/most do not and are oblivious to those around them or how to be polite.

A long time, in fact so long ago I cannot remember when was the last time.

I have two adapted grandkids. They are really nice kids but the 10 year old boy is clueless about manners such as these. I constantly have to remind him of the importance of being polite and doing the little things. I grew up in Kentucky and it was drilled into me at an early age to open doors for older adults and to have manners in general. I find it appalling when I see some of the behaviors these days. It is almost as if the kids are disconnected from everyone around them.

Today actually. I experience it quite often.

It's not unheard of, for me at least.

It happened to me for the first time in a long long time at a restaurant the other day. I was so surprised I almost forgot to say thank you but recovered in time.It would be so nice to see this type of politeness return to common place.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:186206
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.