Agnostic.com

4 3

Just saw an interview of of two people who were in a church when a tornado removed the building. Their comments were this was a miracle that we were spared! God had to be with us. Why did he destroy HIS CHURCH? Didn't HE like the structure? I just cannot understand these people in these circumstances! They just do not recognize how stupid it sounds to be in a church that is destroyed and state that god was with us.

Marine 8 Oct 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I find it rather arrogant for people to think that their god granted them a favor, saved their life etc. while simultaneously ignoring the pleas and prayers of millions--to include children who are being abused, are starving, are dying of cancer--and the list goes on.

Very well said.

They do it with any disaster or tragedy.

"Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families".

What a pile... My guess is the second after that is said they are no longer thinking of them anymore.
Do these prayer senders actually go home and (in private) pray for those people? I doubt it.

I actually know some that do. I also know some very religious people who know how to avoid taxes, cheat at cards and if they do the latter one can imagine what else they do.

I'm sure there are the heavily delusional who do go home and pray, but I think the overwhelming majority do not.

It's come to point for me, that just hearing the phrase "thoughts and prayers", makes my skin crawl !

The religious are often lacking in intelligence and are brainwashed to believe that gods are responsible for everything. Makes my wonder why even have laws at all when gods control everything that happens to everyone; get robbed, gods sent that criminal; get murdered gods must have sent that guy, too.

More to the point, where why was there a tornado in the first place? Why did anything have to be destroyed? Does God throw tornadoes out there just to prove that he can spare some people? Just so we know who his chosen ones are?

As with guns,other weather events,illness,death!

Hey, god doesn't kill people with guns with guns, people kill people with guns with guns.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1868
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.