Agnostic.com

4 1

LINK Talk about your death while you're still healthy

Michelle Knox currently works in Finance Transformation for Westpac Banking Corporation, Sydney, Australia, leading a team to deliver superior products, services and sustainable change. In a world of constant change and disruption, Knox is passionate about helping others to adapt and thrive by identifying and supporting the unique skills and talents of individuals to create a positive work environment.

Knox is also an avid work traveler and storyteller, often combining these passions to write witty accounts of her adventures in a travel blog.

In 2017, Knox's father passed away from a progressive illness. Through this experience, Knox learned that talking about death and planning for it enabled her father to experience a good death and her family to have a healthy bereavement, something she realized not everyone achieves.

After discussing death with friends, colleagues and complete strangers, Knox realized there was a need to address the way we deal with the most significant change we will all experience: death. With humor and compassion, Knox shares her own experiences and learnings in order to help others. She is living proof that talking about death won’t kill you.~~*

RandomMonkey 5 Sep 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

presumes two things: correctly, that the reader is still alive, and in my case incorrectly, that the reader is still healthy (or ever was). be that as it may, my alzheimer's-stricken guy and i (my unhealthy self) do talk about death. at least i do. it makes him uncomfortable. too bad. we can't talk about it AFTER we die!

g

As someone who works with dementia/alz patients, please please do.

Because someday, you may not be able to decide what you'd want...and rely on family members to decide for you.

Have a POA, DNR/living will/some sense of funeral arrangements. Have it in writing and witnesses. Have several copies.

It does make sense. I gave paperwork to my oldest that my body is to go to a state sanctioned medical school program which I have signed up for. I have no wish nor need in death to have a lame funeral wasting money and people's time. If some folks I have known want to discuss my departure over a beer, I give my blessing. If not, I will be dead, so what.

I personally , don't see that much to talk about. We're all gonna do it one day. I'm in no hurry, nor do I fear it. I'll just hope - as many do, that it is relatively quick and painless.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:186977
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.