Agnostic.com

5 0

Do you expect your tax cut to be greater or less than last year?

Marine 8 Sep 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Slightly (a few dollars) lower property tax as ND is producing lots of oil. Will still be several thousand dollars this year.

When your throat is cut just a little or a lot, does it matter?

For the services the city provides, bleeding is a better option then being snowed in, etc etc.

@NoMagicCookie
Do you live in Indiana perchance?

@Holysocks ND. Our housing taxes are not bad but I own a rather nice house so I pay a lot.

@NoMagicCookie
How I miss that part of the country... Not the part with nice houses (no offence meant)!

@Holysocks It has both good and bad attributes. The bad (Republican (Catholic) bastion of increasing faith based non-sense) causing with the majority of the rational I know leaving the state. and the good: Snow and cold.

Mine should be about the same. I'm in the grid but live as if I was off the grid. My maximum amounts of anything is close enough to not cause a problem. In other words, I get damned near all my money back.

Will probably pay more in taxes.

My tax cut was eliminated by the inability to declare my medical expenses of $21000 which is close to an annual expense with medical bills ,drugs and insurance premiums. Add to this his aim to cut social security and medicare and many other social programs and the tax cuts for most people does not exist.In addition his tax cut adds 11/2 trillion dollars to the debt. This isn't a responsible president but we all know that but he is ruining this country and the republicans have no checks or balances over him. They are criminal in their neglect.

That sucks! A friend of mine lives in B.C. He told me that his medical was $95 CND/mo taken out of his check. I looked at the exchange rate, and it was about 75 USD. Covered regular doctors visits, extended stay, dental, and vision! His daughter is now covered under the Province. Don't know what he has to pay now. The only thing he said he had to pay for out of pocket was rx drugs.

Do you happen to have a HDLP program? That's the only way I know you can deduct from taxes.

I needed an ultrasound done. WITH insurance they wanted $750 up front! Told them to fuck off. With all the medical bills I have, it would have been cheaper to move to Canada or the UK.

@TheGreatShadow Until this year one could deduct all drugs,doctors,hospital costs and ins premiums. These totaled $21000 for me last year and none was deductable

@Marine That really sucks. Especially if you were in the military.

I was told by a CPA and the bank that I couldn't deduct medical bills. Must have different medical plans, or these guys were flat out wrong.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:186996
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.