Agnostic.com

7 5

How do you date on a forum?

I hear people date on a forum. How is that done? All I see you can do is just talk... what am I not understanding?

BucketlistBob 8 Jan 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't actually date on a forum. I might make a connection that leads to more 1:1 conversation that might lead to a date. And maybe, if we're both lucky, more dates. But the forum is for connecting and getting to know people.

Usually, the initial contact and communication is made on a forum. Specifically for agnostic.com, that would mean exchanges on discussion topics in public, followed by messages exchanged in private here on the site, then probably moving off the site to more direct communication, for example phone calls and text messages. At some point, they could decide to meet in person for a "date" in real life, although that first "date" could be just meeting for lunch in a very public place.

Thank you brother....great answer.

Just like in real life, only you don't have to put on after shave lotion. And you never get a check for the dinner, nor a good night kiss.

if you can date on a vw beetle you can date on anything.

You send heart emojis. Lol. Idk.? It seems kind of funny to me.

The definition of the word "date" has changed over the last decade or so. I have a co-worker "dating" a girl in Australia he met once for 20 minutes in an airport. They Skype and talk all day as if they were in the same room. More importantly, they are happy.

Not so easily, for real.

Hmmm... I'm sorry.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18707
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.