Agnostic.com

34 7

What do you think about tattoos and body piercings?

Do you have any?

Do you judge those who have them? If so, how and why?

AMGT 8 Oct 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm judgmental about tattoos in the sense that I have a few friends that have great ones and hold everyone to that bar now. I'm slightly less attracted to someone with them immediately but once I get to know them, I don't notice them.
Piercings are iffy, for me, as well. Ear, nose, a monroe or lip or brow, fine. Rows of barbells, please don't expect me to look at you without my eyes watering. An ex had both nipples and her hood done. The hood was my favorite, ice-cubes and hot stones for days. Almost got my tongue done but something came up and I wimped out scheduling another appointment.

Orly Level 5 Oct 21, 2017

they look good on some people, not so much on others.

I don't have any myself, but not for any real reason. I've wanted to get a tattoo for a while, but never seem to have the disposable income and free time to get one. But I do find them very attractive.

Dylan Level 5 Oct 21, 2017

I want tattoos but don't want to spend the money. On other people though to each there own.

I just get sick of doing religious tattoos.

2 Tattoos on my upper arms had them for years had them done where mostly only I would ever see them and in summer I have them covered most of the time only because they have faded and look crap. Would I have more? no, If I had my time again would I have any? no they are too trendy now so not for me they were ok 35 years ago less had them. Oh and the Celtic band, what a load of shite.

I've seen some really beautiful tattoos on both men and women. Ones that are artfully done and with obvious thought shown in placement, etc. Some people with lots of tats don't seem to put any thought when adding a new one in spatial placement. I've heard some say they get addicted to this. I have none so far, but have thought about it for years. Have a Dr though that keeps reminding me it's not s good idea for me. Thinking maybe a very small one for a milestone event. Have three ear piercings and considering one more - a tragus. Trying to get up the courage. Supposed to be rather painful. I don't judge those that have lots of tats, although do a double-take when I notice teardrops. Also really don't understand why guys get tats on their face or even all around their neck. Piercings sometimes are too much also. Some are a bit scary looking and I was an Anthro major, so I'm familiar with body marking traditions. Some I am sure have or will have regrets about a few decisions in this area.

I like both. But like anything else in a free society, some folks are prone to overdoing to the point of any absence of flattery to themselves.

I have 8 tattoos.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1883
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.